At Lichfield Street Opticians, we stock an exciting range of designer frames to suit any style and prescription needs!
But before you take the plunge... please consider these top tips when choosing which frames are right for you:
- When looking at the frames, try and find a colour that suits your natural skin tone.
- Choose a frame with a shape that contrasts with the shape of your face. Rounded faces are best suited to square frames, while longer or more angular faces match better with round frames. Oval frames tend to suit almost any face shape and size.
- The top if the frame should not cover your eyebrows.
- The bottom of the frame should not be in contact with your cheeks.
- Your eyes should sit horizontally; roughly in the middle of the frames’ lens area.
- Remember the type of lens you will be using - bifocal and varifocal lenses need deeper frames to give room for the varying distance areas of the lens.
- Most frames are available in different sizes. If you find THE one and it does not fit, check with the dispensing optician to see if more appropriate sizes are available.
And remember: take all the time you need when choosing your frame. It’s a big decision as your glasses may become a significant part of your appearance. Try to have fun - experiment with all the different designs on offer - there are many styles and colours to choose from, as well as metals and plastics. You never know - you may find a new overall look that suits you better than your current style, one that might surprise even yourself!